Thursday, August 12, 2010

Boozy Homemaker


When it's hot outside, I do very little in the kitchen, but the other day I noticed how much earlier it is getting dark. It's only 3 weeks until my FAVOURITE MONTH! I was convinced I could smell the leaves changing and it made me miss my stove top. So I busted out the pots and pans and made an amazing paella (I was just in Spain after all).

It called for white, all I had was a blush. This is the only way I can get Scotty to share some wine with me. Spain was great because my mom actually drank the wine too! Sometimes it's lonely being the only one with boozy breath.

No frozen veggies here folks ('cept the baby corns came straight from a can- any child of the 80's remembers the salad bars of that day... hard bread sticks and baby corns were my "go to"). I even shelled all those peas. Raw English peas are my absolute favourite snack. It was semi painful to sacrifice these for the paella.




Forget flowers. Just bring me fresh, fragrant herbs. Those salt and pepper shakers really do wind-up. Paid way to much for them on a VERY bad day last year. Sometimes wind-up salt and pepper shakers from France are what it takes to stop a person from walking in front of a bus.

Was feeling great after that kick-ass paella that I tore myself away from Scotty's movie selection, Predator 2, and decided to make some muffins. Blueberry, pineapple, coconut muffins.

In an effort to save money, and myself from all the chemicals, I've been intending on cutting back on the drugstore purchases and finding out a way of making a lot of beauty products in my kitchen. In India, women treat their hair with pure olive oil as a hair mask. Why the heck not? I could really go for some Indian hair.



They smelled SO good. I was anal about following the instructions because I RARELY am happy with my baking. I am a master chef and a loser baker. I cut way back on the cooking time because I was using the muffin top pans. At this point, I was feeling good.

...then I took them out of the pan.

Nothing left to do now but finish that bottle of rose.

My hair turned out lovely soft... after I washed it 5 times to get out all the oil.

2 comments:

  1. i love you, even though your muffins are burnt. I am better at baking than cooking. Perhaps we should team up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought one of those muffin top pans too...all I have to say is boo. If you figure out a trick let me know please. Also, very cute jump suit...I'm too tall for those I think :)

    ReplyDelete