Thursday, August 6, 2009

You Want To Sit On That Yellow Seat Without Your Pants On

I'm doing my spring cleaning a little late... three years late.

It turns out that we're going to be staying at the "villa" for at least another year, so it's time to redecorate. I used to drive my mom crazy when I was a kid because I used to rearrange my bedroom  furniture every two months or so. By the time I was in grade three I had figured out that I could push around my desk and dresser around by sitting on the floor and using my legs (which was also how I defended myself against attacks from my big brothers...thank you legs). Sometimes I would be lying in bed at night and a completely new layout of my room would fill my head. I engaged in a little midnight room makeover on more than one occasion. It wasn't only tricky because I had to move my room around in the dark, but also because my room was right next to my parents' so it had to be silent. Sometimes I got away with it and would tuck myself into my "new room" at 3am... and other times my mom would catch me and tell my crazy butt to get to bed.

It was a sweet deal when I actually pulled through with my stealth missions because I would awake in the morning to wonder where the heck I was. I was never a partier in school, and I figure that it was what my peers felt after a night of crazy binge-drinking... for the first minute at least. What a rebel.

Due to my pack ratting, I've got junk shoved everywhere in our villa. I had hoped to not have to deal with it until we moved, but that's not happening anytime soon, and I've come close to revisiting the late night room redecorating so I think it's time to take action.

I attacked my closet first.

4 days and 7 full garbage bags of clothing, shoes and purses later...

...my closet it still full. I consider it the "loaves and fish" closet.

I even pulled some items and ironed them. Chelsea's growing up.

Then I tackled my bathroom. Too bad I always forget to take "before shots."


The "Audrey" is from Winners. I admit, I'm not a devoted Audrey fan- I just really liked it.
Good memories in that feather mask.

I got this wonderful idea of making a hat/mask wall from myself. One thing that is better than a disguise is an accessible one. I like to keep my options open.

If you make a stink, 'ol doe-eyes has got a match for you. Figuring out how to light it is up to you. 

Jealous of the 70's yellow toilet/sink/tub? I am too (renter).

Remember that time I tried to sell bath products? Now they're made for me and my good friends exclusively (the bottle on the left is "Wake Me Up Baby" bath tea and the right is "Kiss Me Goodnight" bath tea. If you don't know what the front one is, you're on your own.)


Sun glass storage. I love the surprise 70's left-overs in this house.
The trash from cleaning out the bathroom. Sorry mother nature. I'll walk to work (when I work close to home).



Bags and bags of clothing in the "junk room" (just the name of that room encourages me in my clean-out of this place). I had thought of selling some of the good stuff on eBay, but then one of the young women I work with went off to drug treatment (Praise Jesus!), so I went through it all and bagged up the creme De la creme and dropped it off on Saturday so that she could have Christmas in July.

I like being Santa.


I've never seen such beauty in any linen closet of mine, but I owed it to my new glow-in-the-dark "Incredible Hulk" blanket to give him a nice home... after all, he treated me real nice at Sasquatch Music Fest.

Now I am 1/48th of the way there. Big things to come for the villa. Hopefully I'll remember to do a before and after. Everyone likes a before and after.

And they'll like it even more when I throw a we-rearranged-our-house-warming-party after.





3 comments:

  1. um, please don't give your rad clothes away to other people. i'm in need of rad clothes too, even if i'm not coming off drugs. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. here here. i am selfish and you are stylish, we're a perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking good...and looking forward to a little celebration in the "new" house. ps, why didn't i know earlier about this new blog site? been waiting for you back at the old one. glad to find you again.

    ReplyDelete