Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Potter

Last weekend we went to Harry Potter. I wanted to look like I had read the books, so I wore my glasses and striped shirt (I haven't read any of the books).
Scotty said his dad had the exact same glasses in the 70's... if only our parents had saved everything.
I brought along a pair of glasses to wear at dinner with Sandy and Steve before the show.
I can't resist anything stupid... Scotty just shakes his head every time I say, "OHMYGOODNESS... You have to see what I just bought!!!!"


I think that guy should be a lot more thrilled to be drinking through his glasses. This'll probably be my kids' reaction to all the dumb novelty stuff I get them.
This almost made me buy two sets... if only Scotty didn't worry about budget, he'd actually like it if I brought home useless crap for him too.

I think loafers helped up my "I-read-all-the-Potter-books-in-one-sitting" image.
And the plaid jacket said, "I like the books so much more than the movies."

While we were driving, it started to rain. We haven't seen rain for a long time. Noah (Scotty) was so excited to see it that he opened the sun-roof.
While driving to Cloverdale, the thunder and lightening storm started. I began to wonder if Sandy and Steve's house would even be standing by the time we got there. It looked as if it was hitting houses.

Luckily, their house was not struck by lightening AND Steve dressed up too.

Stupify!
Scotty said "you can't drink wine through a silly straw!" And I showed him I could indeed drink it through a silly straw. Absurdity! 
Scotty demonstrated his angst when trying to find sunglasses that can accommodate his girthy nose bridge (note how high they sit on his face). I have to watch for glasses that sit too close to my cheeks. I always do the "smile test" when trying them out to make sure they don't lift every time I smile.
Eyebrows inside the rim? Not a good fit.
After dinner we ran back and forth through Steve and Sandy's place to see whether the best view was in the front or the back. I liked the front because I could rock with Sandy in the porch swing.
Big FLASH-CRACK!!! 


I liked the monsoon rain, made me think of Hawaii.

Sandy and Steve live in Pleasantville.



It took a lot of patience to get a shot of the lightening. When it's forking all over the sky, it's hard to know where to point your camera. I almost gave up because I felt like I was missing everything, but I just pretended I was shooting for National Geographic and I finally got it!

Then we went to the movie and a completely blew my avid Harry Potter fan image when I fell asleep...twice...

3 comments:

  1. I call it the "smile test" too. I got so sick of my sunglasses looking ridiculous in all my photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victor says you're the best blogger...I agree.
    He also would like a pair of those awesome specs....I would too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Specs are from Urban Outfitters... You should do a lovely portrait at WalMart with them on

    ReplyDelete