Wednesday, July 22, 2009

It Could've Been Funny

As I was brewing my tea this morning, the doorbell rang.


I was standing in my kitchen with only a small slip on. Yes, it was 9:40 am and most people would be wearing proper clothing, but most people weren't laying awake at 2 am this morning unable to sleep due to Scotty's moaning and gnashing of teeth.

He's down to the wire in his summer semester, and he's quickly approaching his 28th birthday. Guess he has stress, but I think the loud teeth grinding in his sleep is a tad drama-queen. I even tried to shake him awake. He just rolled towards me and started grinding his teeth in my ear.

My early morning brain had resolved to pack up my stuff in the AM and move to Hawaii.

I think the mid week sleep-in saved my marriage.

Anyways, I'm standing in the kitchen, trapped. Scotty had left the front door open this morning, and any bolt towards the stairs would've given the person standing at my front door an eye full. Which would be extended by the mirrors in the entry that allow for people to see around corners.

It bugs me not to answer the door. Makes me feel like a hermit. I had nearly resolved to dance down the stairs as if it were nothing (I wear less on the beach), but my coward got the better of me.

Mowgli was on the steps growling. What does he think he is? A dog?

When they turned to leave, I made my move. I wanted to see if they were worthy of having a blanketed, blurry eyed, crazy-haired Chelsea chase them down the street.

Nope.

Just two ladies holding tracts with skirts down to their ankles.

I only wish I had answered the door for them in my skivvies. I would have liked to have been part of that awkward moment.

Turns out Mowgli hates Jehovah's Witnesses. I wonder if it's just them. Maybe he's an atheist.


1 comment: