Sunday, July 19, 2009

"Recession Club" savings

On my way home from work on Friday night, I swung by the store to grab some supplies for my "recession club" (which I am now officially a member) celebration.

I decided to prepare a "Recession Feast" to share with Scotty.







No recession club celebration is complete without the cheapest bottle of sparkling wine (what poor people like to call champagne).

It also gave me the opportunity to break in my new tiny saucepan. I had seen one at Scotty's mom's, and I couldn't stop thinking of all the sauces I could make in a tiny pot like that. Scotty spotted one at Safeway, and then I spent the next 10 mins trying to pick a colour. I honestly must've walked up an down the isle at least 5 times (I pick a red pot and start walking away, only to be flooded with doubt so I would walk back and trade it for a green one... and on and on. There were only three colours, and it really doesn't make any difference, but I couldn't see that then).

Recession feasts are so much easier to prepare. Why take lots of time to do something if your not getting paid?


Cheers! I am now bringing home leaner bacon.

Sauce pot added up to all my expectations.



The presentation made the feast extra special. I was going for a "bird's nest" idea.
Chilling our dessert. I don't care who you are, when you tear off that foily lid and lick the pudding off it... you feel like a rock star.


Just in case this recession pushes me and Scotty into a life of crime, we need to know how to bust ourselves out.

Celebration indeed.

1 comment:

  1. we need to borrow your dvd...don't ask. i'd tell you, but then we'd have to kill you, and we're already in enough trouble.

    ReplyDelete