Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hermit the Frog

I love my time alone. Put me on house arrest, I dare ya. I would find so many things to entertain myself. Sometimes I have these fantasies about becoming the next Martha Stewart- except I wouldn't be pretentious, and my crafts would center around recycling old crap. When I make my stuff, I don't say "it's a good thing"- I yell, "I'm a crafts genius!"

Last month, I bought a pack of puff paints. Haven't worked with the stuff since grade 4. And even then, I intentionally blobbed the paint on so that I could pick at it when it dried. I've been trolling online stores for inspiration for stuff to paint on my tee's and tanks. During one particularly hermity day, I pulled out the puff paints and went at my sketch pad to copy this sweet wolf tee I found somewhere (I've clicked-and-dragged so much inspiration onto my desktop from urbanoutfitters, MODcloth, and TopShop).


Rough sketch done in front of the computer. Did it as fast as I could so that I could get outside in the sun.

Discovered these at my nieces 2nd birthday party. Kids stuff blows my mind. So you mean I can draw crap on a piece of paper and then
iron it on to my clothes?


Crayola master piece: check. Tan started: check. Boring old tank top selected to be given a second life: check.


Lucky for me, I read the instructions just before I ironed this on. "Remember that image will be reversed when ironed onto garment"... in bold. Hungry like a wolf is already hard enough to find, let's not make it all a backward jumbled mess.

Sorry green tank, your day will come.


Ironed the image to the inside of the shirt. Needed white for the see-through-ness so I could puff paint the heck out of it.



Next time I'll hold that iron down longer. Clearly neglected the outer parts of the wolf.

Pretty good. A little too predictable. Needs something more.

And then while I was carrying it, the collar folded in on itself... so I just folded the entire collar in on itself so you couldn't see the mistake. Reminded me of my kindergarten days when my mind was blown by my teacher, Mrs. Core, who got us to paint one half of a butterfly on a card and then we folded it together and, bam!, there were two wings!
Final touch... the eyes glow. Glow in the dark puff paint!

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful craft dear
    I read you blog and saw you craft images posted on the blog,all of these are really marvelous and charming.this will really enchant our body.

    ReplyDelete