Friday, June 25, 2010

How Bazaar How Bazaar

Got my order from Amazon yesterday. Pops-in-law has a mailbox in the states. Got free shipping, and didn't have to pay coming back through the boarder. Win win win. Why is getting stuff in the mail so much fun? Just before we got married in the Dominican, I ordered an entire wardrobe of beachy clothes for the wedding and honeymoon through eBay. I really loved buying clothes in "lots" (eight summer dresses for $40 you say?). I got everything shipped to the P.O box in Point Roberts. Came home from the honeymoon and kinda swore off eBay because it was such a success that I didn't want to get addicted.

Scotty orders almost all his textbooks from Amazon. I got a big, thick environmental sciences textbook for $3 one time.

It's go-time. I went to the Kwantlen website and jotted down all the things I need to include in my portfolio and stuck it up on my wall. Now it stares at me every day.
Because I really wanna learn to draw waifs. I always sketch out ideas for clothing, but my models look lame. When I watched "September Issue" I was in awe of the creative director, Grace Coddington. That woman is a true genius. She sketched every outfit she saw in the designer showrooms. She did it so rapidly and her sketches were gorgeous! I'll be truthful... I just really wanna be a Coddington.
How cool will I be when I can draw sassy waifs like this?
Sticking on sheet music as clothing? Even better. It's not just entirely fashion figures, but also gets into the artsy stuff too. I really wanna steal this idea.
I want the one on the right on my bathroom wall. That veil detail is incroyable.

My mom scoped this one in Chapters. It was $40 : ( I went home and found it on Amazon for $9 : ) While I waited in the roasting hot sun in the boarder line-up I swooned and ooh'd and awe'd over its pages.
Doing it! Filing cabinets can be found by the dozens in thrift stores. I really need some drawers to put Scotty's clothes in (he said he's fine with living out of laundry baskets... I took up all the closet space- total hog)- me thinks 2 filing cabinet covered with some wicked wallpaper would do just the trick!
Who needs to buy the chair? We don't have a kitchen table. I really want to make some big floor pillows so we can eat off the coffee table. I have a huge weakness for brick. Every time I see the Humphrey's Brooklyn loft on Gossip Girl, I feel weak in the knees.
This may be my dream sitting room. That Moroccan style fireplace is way too much for me to handle.
And then this bedroom? It's settled: I want an entire house made of brick and plaster.
Dresses as artwork. Poke my eyes out. There is no end to the creativeness in this book. I need to step things up a bit. I want the professors to want to poke their eyes out when they see my portfolio next May. Just in case they do, I'll bring along a poking stick to my review.
Are you crying tears of blood yet? I am.
I would gladly become an alcoholic for this liquor cabinet.

4 comments:

  1. I'm a waif!!! I will model for you! It's settled then. Weekly meetings? (is this an excuse to be drawn or an excuse to see you weekly? Um...both).

    also - I have no poking stick available so my eyes are still intact, but my WORD I could spend hours looking at those books...perhaps while you are sketching me at our weekly "finally there is a purpose for me being so small" meetings, I can look at them.

    a.

    ps - in a few month's time I'm redoing my bedroom. You will be my first phone call for ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... i greatly desire that Bazaar Style book on my coffee table... oh wait a second I have a little monster who would destroy it, well then it will have to go on my desk! seriously each picture was gouge worthy! tres excited to see your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes me want to barf how good the Bazaar Book is. My mom is so cool. Ash... total waif. you will model for me. Twice weekly would be better. We'll have to negotiate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dresses as artwork? I think you did that one before. I recall a visit back when we were both kids where you tacked my t-shirts to your bedroom wall. That was definitely your idea first.

    ReplyDelete