Saturday, June 19, 2010

I'm BAAAAACK




Reading my last post is eerie. Been through a ton in the past 3 mos. Forget about sharing. Not gonna happen.

Instead, I'll show my closet.



We moved. A lot smaller. A lot closer to to the beach. A lot more mooching off the landlords.

I got to pick my own paint. I have about 400 paint samples. Settled on 4 colours to cover a 1 bdrm suite.
The closet "BEFORE." My mom came up with the idea to write or paint something fun on the wall of the closet that no one would ever really see after I jammed it full of clothes, but I would know it was there. Something just for me. I decided I wanted a quote. And I wanted it in every colour I used to paint the suite.
I went to some font web page and then sketched out the quote in the letter style I liked best. My bedroom is the colour on the left (lemongrass) followed by ceramic glaze in the living room, raspberry parfait in the bathroom and whisper yellow in the kitchen.
Mowgli was crowding my creativity. Such a spotlight hog. Yeah, you came from a crystal meth den, we get it.
Raspberry parfait. Full strength. You gotta see my powder room.

Wrote out the quote in chalk, just to be sure of the spacing.




But then I failed to follow the spacing. So when one plan fails, it's time to throw it into plan B.


Plan B usually tends to impress me more (or at least that's what I tell myself to make me feel better).

Ah Coco.
Done. So when you come to my place, this is what's behind my explodingly full closet.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're back Chels.
    Cousin Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that wall ;) You're so friggin artistic :) It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete