Friday, July 23, 2010

I Might Steal Your Clothes and Wear Them If They Fit Me




I'm a travelling gypsy- wanna buy some of my wares?

I like to get settled in a hotel room- the earrings go here every time. Even if it's only for a night's stay, I won't leave my stuff crammed into my suitcase. I'm a big nester. I remember when I used to work at camp for the summers, I would always take a stack of photos and sticky tack, candles and scarves so that I could put a little Chelsea into whatever cabin I was jr. counselling in that week. My favourite part of camping is getting everything set up. When our group home moved, I worked on my day off just so I could have control in where things were moved, and I told the other staff not to do too much unpacking because I loved it so much. I went home that night to have a "nightmare" that they did all the unpacking. Was so relieved to see they barely lifted a finger in my absence.... any shock I got burn out?

Mum got burned through her umbrella and I used this.




Salou is called the "Gold Coast"- we thought it was because the sand was golden. Wrong. The sand is full of gold mica- so with every wave, or step, it stirs up the mica and makes it look like you're swimming in gold dust. Made me wanna buy a bucket of sparkles and pour it in the in laws above ground pool, but it'd be hell for the filter and I wanna stay in the circle of trust.

Two "boardwalks" run 15 kms of the beach. We couldn't figure out why they were so wide- until we went to the beach at nighttime. Spanish people are vampires. All the families come out after dark to hang out. Never seen so many 3 year olds out at midnight in my life.


The beaches were exactly as I pictured- crowded with bronzed Europeans and their stripy umbrellas. So many umbrellas.

Just in case you're feeling insecure about your body, there's a gym right on the beach.

If you are a police officer anywhere else in the world, you are getting ripped off.


You laugh now, but in 5 years we'll all have the same haircut. Coolest kid on the beach. No competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment