Monday, December 28, 2009

Bananas.




Merry Christmas One and all!

Originally, I had thought that Scotty and I would totally forgo the gifts this year, but it turned out that our gracious hosts were totally available to spend the day with us! So Christmas Eve, while the guys went to the Hawaii Bowl, Ang and I set out to make Christmas in Kalihi special.

Turns out that when you don't put any expectations on Christmas and don't take the gift portion very seriously, it makes for a pretty damn great day.

We got back from the North Shore around 2 pm.
A note to my ladies in newer relationships: you can get what you wanted or get a surprise, but never both. I tend to opt for having my expectations met... note the handwriting.


Very personalized. What a nice touch.
My favourite nickname on here is "squishy bottom"... the slightly insulting, albeit not intentionally so, love-talk makes it more authentic.
On Christmas Eve, after returning from one heck of a Filipino Christmas Eve party (that also will be featured on here mom), we tried really hard to convince the boys it would be a good idea to open our stockings right then.
Wouldn't want to put any undue strain on the wall... those stockings look pretty full.
Domi and Ang did open one gift: Christmas pj's. I would feel a little inferior to them, but they're newly weds... it's okay for them to be better.
Turns out that Scotty brought plaid pants too... so I was the only odd one out in my gold satin pants.

It's okay that I'm different.
Dog the Bounty Hunter *may* have helped Santa stuff my stocking... maybe there's a fugitive in there.
We tried our darnedest to convince the boys to open the stockings that night, they just gave us this look.

Fare game.

They were right, it was better on Christmas Day.
We didn't have a Christmas tree, so Santa stacked our stuff up on the bistro.
Domi actually got Ang this gift himself, and wrapped it. I appreciate that he was being thrifty and environmentally friendly.
Prior to gift opening, the Canadians limbered up with a little dance party... the local ignored our shenanigans. We can't help but be nerdy tourists.
Scotty dresses in a lot of free t-shirts and clothing he's had for at least 10 years. He could care less about fashion, but many would be surprised to know that he uses a Ralph Lauren towel whenever he goes to the beach. He's had that thing since I met him back in '98. We've been making fun of him pretty hard for his pretentious designer towel, and then on Christmas Eve, when walking into the outlet, Ang burst into a fit of laughter and pointed to a big stack of them on display.
Scotty was really impressed that we actually found the same towel (and for $12). I picked one up for myself (a plain turquoise one... don't wanna steal his thunder with the teddy bear) because I want to look pretentious too.
Domi couldn't wait to see what we got him.
Yep. They're pretty cute.
"First-Christmas-as-a-newlywed-couple-ornament" for Ang. Domi brought his game!
She had a little trouble spelling her name. Happens to us all. I won't judge, Tiger's put her through so much.

That was so nice of you Barack- it really made his day.
Every 5 minutes, the ad for this cologne comes on TV. At first I thought it was a screw-up in the cable provider... it's pretty graphic (I'm sure you can youtube it). It came on so much that it became laughable... especially because we tried to convince Scotty that it would attract all the aquatic life if he put it on before snorkeling (but the joke came out funnier). Plus it's "Sexy x2."

Scotty sprayed some on his armpit (confused at what to actually do with cologne) when he got it and sent Domi's allergies into overdrive for the next 2 hours... good thing it was only 99 cents (or maybe that's why the allergic reaction).
For the little person in the tummy... some people name their unborn baby "peanut" or "pea" or some other type of food... after this shot was taken, Angela lovingly named her bump "Spiderman."

Then Scotty named his holiday weight gain bump "Doctor Octopus."
You would almost think I didn't pick it out.
We gifted Ang this little pram necklace from New York. Bought at my new favourite shop on the island "House of Leaves." The wheels even work... the mama-to-be liked it quite a lot.
Then, "Bam," I was smacked in the face with a gift from the Doliente's that made me jump up and start chanting....

"I'M GOING TO 'STOMP!' I'M GOING TO 'STOMP!'" over and over and over again. When it didn't seem like things were going to settle down (they were escalating) someone (one of the boys) told me to sit down (couldn't tell you who, everything was a blur to me after getting that gift).
The cherry on top was that Ang flew up just about as quickly as I did to join in on the panic-dance... even though she's the one who gave the gift.
I paid back the excitement with these muumuu's for both of us.
Hawaii doesn't know what hit them.
When I pulled this out of my stocking (bought by Ang at Kmart the day before), Domi burst into laughter in the middle of taking my picture... tourists are fun. What Hawaiian would buy this for their friend's stocking?

You're welcome.

Couldn't pass up on getting "Spiderman" (they have no idea what the sex of the baby is FYI) these little polo shoes even though Domi says Ralph Lauren is "too white" for him. They'll have to figure out a plan for dressing the baby... like sunday-tuesdays and alternating saturdays the baby gets to dress Hawaiian/Filipino and the other days Ang gets to dress it "preppy white kid."
I stuffed my own stocking, yet I still find the gifts funny.

Traditionally, others wait for my reaction to my gifts. This year, I got to see what others' reactions were to my gifts.

And before you judge the "can-cozy"-I find thong swimwear funny. I took a lot of pictures of them in Cuba last year. Butt cheeks make me giggle... Merry Christmas.
The full extent of my score. Bit of a leopard print scheme happening.
Think I'm singing the themesong to "Three's Company" here

Despite appearances, I swear I am not under the influence of anything (I've been partying with a pregnant girl). Scotty made the comment last night while the pack of 20 hyena's started up into another laughing fit, "I would say that you girls are just laughing because you're overtired, but that's not even true. You guys wake up in the morning like this and it just continues all day."

Welcome to CIT '98.

No comments:

Post a Comment