Sunday, December 27, 2009

Did You See That!?!

Christmas Morning we woke up at 7am and headed to the North Shore. There was word that the waves were 40-50 ft.... WHAT!?!?!

First stop was the rock-point-cliff-thing that was featured in "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" (the one they jumped off). It looked a lot different with all the huge waves crashing around. Ang cleverly pointed out that it was Hawaii's version of a "White Christmas" with all the foam... clever Ang.





We were having fun snappin' pics and then Domi said "it's gonna rain" and started walking back to the car... within 30 seconds the rain started to fall, and then got pretty heavy. The pregnant lady (Ang) darted ahead sprinting for the car, while I trotted along behind her yelling for her not to run.
Made it back to the car (last) and headed for breakfast at Ted's- a favourite among locals.

Spam and Eggs (and fried rice)... they really make that here.
I've been waking up every morning with sore abs. I assumed it was the surfing one day and paddle boarding the next day, but we did no activities on Christmas Day and I still woke up sore... then I realized it's from all the laughing. I'll admit that I have a ridiculous laugh. People often laugh at my laugh... now there's two of us. It sounds like a pack of 20 hyena's all day every day.
Domi's face says it all.

While the waves weren't 40-50 ft- they were big enough to shut the beach down. Domi said they were probably about 25ft, but they would call them 10ft? I guess they under exaggerate here.

We got to see them from every angle.
There were so many lunatics climbing under the red tape to go surf.

We weren't the only ones watching the surf on Christmas morning.








I even got a video of one of the best rides by total fluke. If you listen, you'll hear Scotty singing some song he made up... he does that a lot. There was so much mist in the air that it's kinda foggy... but it's still the coolest thing I've ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment