Thursday, December 31, 2009

Given My Wings.

Sketch. Paint. Run. Hike. Sew. Design. Sculpt. Bike. Swim. Cook. Laugh. Dance. Rock Climb. Surf. Pray. Yoga. Learn Guitar. Play Piano. Dinner Party. Tea Party. Garden. Love. Sing. Photograph. Learn. Play.

I'm hoping to do more of these things this coming year.

2009 wasn't my favourite, but I do know that it often takes hardship to get us where we need to be. Had I not faced the challenges that 2009 dealt, I wouldn't be in the process of starting something new. I wouldn't realize how much I value my family and friends. I wouldn't rest in the arms of my loving God.

There were times over this past year that I felt completely lost. When you feel lost, you search.

In my searching I found God and He gave me an excitement for my future that I haven't felt since before realizing my dream of becoming a doctor wasn't God's plan for my life.

The year was difficult, it forced some tough questions and rendered some heart-breaking answers (and I'm not out of the "woods" yet), but my life has been given a direction, I have been given fresh hope and an excitement that just isn't going away. God has set my foot on a new path, and he keeps on showing me that it is good.

Hindsight delivers a realization that I have been feeling lost for quite some time, and I am sure that much of the depression I have been dealing with over the years has been greatly due to that (major revelation just now).

Stress and hardship build strength. They can force you towards a new path. Comfort can't do that. Instead, it can often breed laziness and taking things for granted. When times are easy, we pat ourselves on the back. When times are hard, we're brought to our knees (and even our faces)...

He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;

but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
                   Isaiah 40:29-31


I am weary but You're increasing my strength, You've put me up on wings like eagles. My prayer is that I will love bigger than I ever have before and learn to really live.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Chels...really loved and resounded with some of the things you said in your last two posts....thanks for sharing and inspiring. Blessings in 2010...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back at ya! Can't even imagine the juggle of mom and job- women like you are my hero

    ReplyDelete