Sunday, November 8, 2009

Whimper

While on the island this summer, I fell in love.


On our way out to Coombs, my mom mentioned a place called "Bamboozle." I was quite shocked that there was a place in the Parksville area I didn't know of. 

With a name like that, how can you say no?









As soon as I stepped into the store I let out a whimper as I took in the decor. Mixing stuffed ravens and crystal chandeliers? Way too much to handle. 

  


While my mouth was hanging open at this little jewel of a shop, the salesperson served us a sample of the day's tea (georgia peach iced tea) in clear glass espresso cups.


Every nook and cranny is stuffed full with amazing trinkets. This girl is a sucker for trinkets.

It caters to the nosiest customers by filling each and every drawer of two massive wardrobes with goodies that just begs to be searched.



The sillier the better for everyone...except Mr wallet.



I loved the way these frames were held up by a piece of ribbon so much that I went home and did the same with a few of my frames.


I was SO tempted by these earrings and necklace... but I wanted everything in the store, so I said no to this and a thousand other "wants."

Charming little stickies.




I love you, but I can't buy you.






Once I painfully settled on a couple items, the salesperson wrapped them and put them in this cute paper bag (which I took home and put in a frame)


So what did I settle on?

This card (in a frame at home).


And this necklace... LOVE Alice in Wonderland... planning a tea party in the forest this next spring in honour of Mr Burton's take on the classic story- don't even get me started on how excited I am for it.


Even their tags are personalized... marketing smarty pants!


2 comments:

  1. That shop looks incredible! I can't wait to go visit next time I'm on the island...

    Alice in Wonderland is my love... I'm *slightly* jealous of your necklace! My friend hand-stiched me an alice patch-quilt for my birthday it is basically to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. House of Leaves is a seasonal store, I think it's pretty similar to Coomb Market (it'll close before christmas until March)

    ReplyDelete