Sunday, November 22, 2009

If Barbie Had Hightops

While throwing my stuff in a locker at the gym a few weeks ago, the girl next to me pulled out the loudest pair of hightop sneaks I have ever seen. They were every colour of neon.

"I LOVE YOUR SHOES" I said in an awkward, monotone, way-to-loud voice (my IPOD was already thumping in my ears, and I was too excited to think to pull the earbuds out before trying to have a conversation.

I have been looking for my very own pair of colourful hightops for the past half year, but have had no luck finding what I really want for discount.

I get so addicted to the price tag, that I sometimes find myself buying stuff I don't love because it's too cheap to pass up.

Problem is that sometimes I end up spending more in the end because I keep looking for that thing I really wanted in the first place.

It's a skill I'm trying to learn- knowing when to spend and when to save.

It's like those cheap $12 jeans that have way-to-small pockets, and thus, make your rear view humongous. At the time you thought they were a good idea, but then you catch a glimpse of the back of yourself in a photo and suddenly you want to burn them at the stake.

I'm a sucker for anything and everything cheap, but I'm tired of all the "burnings."

When I saw those bright hightops in all their glory- I decided I would only buy a pair I loved.



These shoes will get me noticed.

The funnest pair of shoes since those LA Gears I had in grade 2 with the ribbon laces.

My seven year old self would be high-fivin' me right now.

I also feel my Brooklyn girls, Jenny Humphrey and Vanessa Abrams, would let me tag along to some cool, underground concert.

They say "Bronx" inside. Total street cred points.

1 comment: