Thursday, January 28, 2010

One More.

This is it. Tonight I drive in for my very last shift. My commute next week will take me roughly 7 mins by bicycle, and when I get off work, I only have to cross the street and I am on the dyke by the ocean.

I'm taking my retirement from youth worker seriously: biking to work, spending my days on the golf course and my evenings on the beach. I'll be that pretentious artist sketching and painting on the beach. 

Leaving my job tomorrow will be hard, but I've come a looooong way over the past few weeks and have begun to "turn the corner" from feeling very broken to getting excited about the future.

As soon as Kwantlen receives my transcript, it looks like I'm "in"- meaning that I've jumped through one of three hoops on my way to entering the interior design program.


3 comments:

  1. You can do this! Lift that weight off your shoulders and run towards the rest life is going to give you! Well done! You have so much to be proud of! Your time there was a success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to you Chelsea! I will be praying for you in this transition time! And when your an interior designer I shall hire you to make my boring house look FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo!!! Are you having a retirement party? Can I come?

    ReplyDelete